Applicants have up to 31st July 2019 to submit their concepts with selected start-ups given a chance to pitch their solutions on 9th August 2019 in Nairobi.
The Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya was officially launched on the 16th July 2019 as a platform for start-ups to showcase how they are able to address problem statements contributed by the UNSDG and local industry leaders.
The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) hosted the inaugural Afro-Asia Fintech Festival between the 15th and 16th of July 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Festival was the first of its kind in the region, seeking to explore sustainable financial services innovations from emerging Afro-Asian markets.
Fintechs from all over Africa are invited to submit responses to the problem statements.
The startups will present their solutions to the problem statements in front of an audience featuring visionary speakers, industry leaders and icons drawn from Africa, Asia and other parts of the globe.
The Fintechs that will not be able to travel to Nairobi will be given a chance to present their solutions remotely.
Why participate in the Hackcelerator?
- Receive first-hand feedback from UN Task Force members, CBK and other industry leaders on your solution
- Platform access for connections, collaborations and exchange of ideas between industry leaders and ecosystem partners from Africa and Asia
- 2 winners from the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya will be fast-tracked as finalists into the Global Fintech Hackcelerator 2019 program where they will participate in the Demo Day at the Singapore Fintech Festival.
Additionally, finalists of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2019 can expect:
- Funding of up to S$200,000 to develop a contextualized proof of concept, to be deployed within a year from Demo Day at the Singapore Fintech Festival.
- The opportunity for market entry and/or expansion into Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region.
- The opportunity to work with high-value corporates to contextualize your solution to their needs.
- The opportunity to engage with industry experts and leverage on their expertise.
- The top 3 winners at the Singapore Fintech Festival Demo Day will receive S$50,000 each.
Visit the Matchi platform to view the problem statements to work on and get started on your application.
In 2018, the Monetary Authority of Singapore picked three winners at the Singapore Fintech Festival out of the 20 that pitched during DEMO day.
One of the winners, Moxtra, is an embeddable Secure Messaging and Business Collaboration Service for the mobile on-demand era that helps transform business-critical applications for mobile and web.
SQREEM offers a platform that delivers asymmetric information in real-time on virtually any market, economy, or company around the world while Trunomi, provides customer consent and data rights management technology which enables businesses to request, receive and capture customer consent to the use of their personal data.